AVID Plc ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the UK data protection laws, the data controller is AVID Plc of PO Box 190, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 9GD.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.avidplc.com (our site), or through use of our mobile application software (App), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, use our App and any of the services accessible through the App (Services), use our call centre services and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the telephone number of the mobile telephone or handheld device (Device), username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including:
- - the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- - the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and time zone setting, (Device Information);
- - details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to our site including, but not limited to traffic data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- - information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may use the information we collect from you for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, we are required to confirm the 'legal basis' that allows us to use your information, as follows:
Purposes for which we will use the information you give to us Legal basis To carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us. To update your details registered in our databases (such as those used for PETtrac and TEXTtrac) or to contact you if your pet is found. It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to have your up-to-date details on our databases to help with reuniting you with your pet. To notify you about changes to our products and services. It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure you are aware of the latest updates to the products and services we provide, or may provide, to you. To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only do this if you agree, either by ticking the relevant box on the customer registration form or by some other specific, informed and unambiguous method. To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you by electronic means (email or SMS). We will only do this if you agree, either by ticking the relevant box on the customer registration form or by some other specific, informed and unambiguous method. To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you by electronic means (email or SMS). We will only do this if you agree by some specific, informed and unambiguous method.
It is a contractual requirement for you to provide us with certain information, namely the information that we need to use in order to carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us. If you do not provide us with that information, we may not be able to carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and will be unable to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
All other information you give us is given entirely as your discretion. If you do not provide that information, that we may be unable to notify you about changes to our products and services, or provide you with information about other products and services.
- - technical information, including:
Information we collect about you from other sources
This is information we receive about you (including: name, address and contact details) if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We may use the information we collect about you for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, we are required to confirm the 'legal basis' that allows us to use your information, as follows:
|Purposes for which we will use the information||Legal basis for processing|
To administer our website, databases and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
|It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure you receive the best experience possible when accessing and using our website and services.|
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- - business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- - analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- - credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AVID Plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will store your personal data
|Legal basis||Length of time|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us||We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests||We will use/store your data until you ask us to stop. However, if we can demonstrate the reason why we are using/storing your data overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, then we will continue to use and store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us (or, if earlier, we no longer have a legitimate interest in using/storing your data)|
|Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent||We will use/store your data until you ask us to stop|
You may have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- - You have a right to access the information we hold about you free-of-charge, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
- - You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- - You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the 'right to be forgotten'). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- - You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information, or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- - You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- - Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- - Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- - You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or via our contact form on our website.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that we collect about you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not use automated decision-making processes.